Got a SymplyWORKSPACE Expansion? [click here]
Setting up on Windows? [click here]
Minimum Supported macOS: 10.13 (High Sierra)
Minimum Supported Windows OS: 10
Thank you for your purchase
SymplyWORKSPACE is the first affordable, high performance StorNext 6 powered Thunderbolt™ 3 shared workspace.
Setting up SymplyWORKSPACE is easy, it's just 3 steps - you can follow along or jump to each section, but before doing so, we suggest you make sure you have everything you need to get started...
NOTE: Some installation items may not be supplied by Symply and will be specific to your particular setup.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Thank you for your purchase
- 1. Load it up
- 2. Cable it up
- 3. Set it up
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Do I have everything I need?
- 1 x SymplyWORKSPACE (part numbers: SymplyWS48, SymplyWS96, SymplyWS168)
- 12 x SymplyWORKSPACE hard drive modules
- 1 x High Speed Link Cable 0.5m / 1.64ft (CABLINK)
- 2 x Ethernet cable 5m / 16.4ft (CABCAT5M)
- 1 x Power Cord 2m / 6.5ft [click here] for regional cable part numbers
- 1 x Welcome Card
What you will also need - not included from Symply
- Cat5e or better Ethernet cables for metadata (sharing control) connections
- 8 or 16 port unmanaged Ethernet switch, depending on WORKSPACE configuration.
- See a list of qualified switches [click here]
- See a list of qualified Thunderbolt cables for each client [click here]
May be required and Optional equipment
- Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter - as needed depending on client type
- Thunderbolt™ 3 to Thunderbolt™ 2 adapter - as needed depending on client type
- Note: The quantity of cables needed will depend on your installation
- Not required, but highly recommended AC power UPS - see a list of qualified UPS systems [click here]
1. Load it up
Unbox (go ahead, it’s installation time)
- handle the SymplyWORKSPACE with care
- leave sufficient room at the front and rear for cabling and airflow
Insert the drive modules
- start from the bottom and work up
- there's no particular order take care when inserting hard drive modules
2. Cable it up
It's time to plug everything in
High Speed Link - Part: CABLINK
- connects between ports A and B.
- IMPORTANT This must be connected before powering on.
Ethernet 1 (Public) - Part: CABCAT5M
- connects between port P and your existing network (switch or router)
Ethernet 2 (Metadata) - Part: CABCAT5M
- connects between port M and your unmanaged Ethernet switch
Thunderbolt™️ 3 (not supplied)
- connects between any of the four E ports and your client(s) computers
Power - Part: PSUCAB(NA/EU/UK)
- connects between port F and your AC power outlet (preferably an AC UPS)
Now power up the SymplyWORKSPACE by pushing the front button. Your WORKSPACE will be ready for use in a few minutes.
3. Set it up
Let's start with setting up your WORKSPACE, then setting up your clients using a Mac for SymplyWORKSPACE admin.
SymplyWORKSPACE uses 2 Ethernet network connections:
- Public - for management via SymplyWORKSPACE Assistant
- Metadata (sharing control) - for storage metadata exchange
The Public network is specific to your setting, whereas the Metadata network is fixed and cannot be changed.
SymplyWORKSPACE network setup
In most cases the good news is that there is nothing to!
- SymplyWORKSPACE has its Public network set at the factory as DHCP. This means it will automatically get an IP address from your router/DHCP server and therefore requires no configuration.
- If you require a static IP address, please follow these instructions [click here].
- SymplyWORKSPACE has its Metadata network set at the factory, this cannot be changed.
Mac Public setup
Chances are your Mac client will be connected and working on your Public network already. However, if you're setting up a separate Public network for your SymplyWORKSPACE, please follow these instructions [click here].
Mac Metadata setup
In System Preferences, select the network port connected to your unmanaged Ethernet switch and configure as:
- IP Address 172.16.179.[13-20]
- example: 172.16.179.13
- Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
- Router leave blank
- DNS Server use the same DNS Server IP address used for the Public network port.
Install driver and Xsan profile
The sharing software and driver needed to connect clients to SymplyWORKSPACE are included in SymplyWORKSPACE Assistant.
Follow these instructions to download and install them:
Login to SymplyWORKSPACE Assistant
- open the assistant at: http://symplyworkspace-1.local:8088
- Username: admin
- Password: Symply@workspace
Download the zip file
- click on the macOS button to download a zip file containing:
- Xsan profile
- Symply driver and utility installer
Expand the zip file
- double-click the zip file and it will extract the files within the zip and reveal them in Finder
Install Xsan profile
The profile contains all the configuration information for your Mac to connect to SymplyWORKSPACE
- double-click the file named:
- System Preferences will open, click through the prompts, reading as you go
Install driver and utility
- double-click on the other file named:
- Installer will open and walk you through the steps to install the driver and utility for SymplyWORKSPACE
- when prompted by Installer, reboot your Mac
Your SymplyWORKSPACE volume (WORKSPACE_1) will mount automatically at your next login - Enjoy!
Adding more clients? Just repeat the steps above.
If your SymplyWORKSPACE volume isn't mounted, double-check the following: - all cables are connected as detailed above - there are no errors showing in SymplyWORKSPACE Assistant - network connectivity to your SymplyWORKSPACE - ping 172.16.179.10 - to confirm connectivity to WORKSPACE chassis - ping 172.16.179.11 - to confirm connectivity to WORKSPACE MDC - In System Information utility check: - Thunderbolt section for "WORKSPACE" to confirm Thunderbolt connectivity - Fibre Channel section for a SCSI Target Device confirming the device driver is successfully loaded
Shutting down your SymplyWORKSPACE
The SymplyWORKSPACE is designed for continuous office and studio use, button occasion it may need to be shutdown. Please use the follow the linked procedure for shutdown to support safe operation [click here]
Still have questions?
Please contact Symply Support