If there is an issue with the FAN module, then the audible beeper on the SPARK will sound. Open the Symply RAID Manager to check the FAN status or visually inspect it at the rear of the SPARK chassis. Check to make sure there is nothing obstructing the FAN. Once the FAN fault has been confirmed, power down the SPARK (remembering to unmount the SPARK from the OS first).
If you have a spare FAN module from the Symply Self-Assist Maintenance (SAM) kit, then you can swap the FAN module easily.
You will need a cross-head screwdriver size XX. Make sure you have plenty of space around the SPARK and the work area is not obstructed.
- Disconnect the power cable from the power inlet on the SPARK and wait 60 seconds before continuing
- Remove the 4 screws that secure the FAN module to the SPARK chassis, keepretain these screws for later use.
- Carefully remove the FAN module and disconnect the cable that connects the FAN to the SPARK backplane.
- Connect the cable from the new FAN module to the backplane of the SPARK
- Secure the new FAN module to the SPARK chassis using the 4 screws removed earlier.
Congratulations! You have swapped the FAN module, you can reconnect the power cable and power on.
Please submit a [support ticket] to request a replacement FAN module.
If you have any questions please submit a [support ticket]