When investigating LTO drive or media faults, it is often necessary to collect the logs (also known as "dumps") from the LTO drive itself.
For this purpose we have created a basic macOS-only tool for easy collection of these Drive Dumps, a link to the tool is included in this article.
Follow these steps for collecting a drive dump and supplying them to Global Support Tech Support:
- Eject any tapes currently mounted
- Quit all LTFS applications (YoYotta, Canister, Tiger Bridge, etc...)
- Download the zip file (SYTape-DriveDumpCollector.zip) to your Mac connected to the LTO drive
- Double-click the downloaded zip file to extract the application
- Double-click the application (SYTape-DriveDumpCollector) to launch it
- Choose from the list (there may only be 1 item in the list) the Serial Number of your LTO drive
- The application will now collect the drive logs, saving them to a folder on your Desktop folder named: SY-Tape-Dump
- The application will notify you when the log collection has completed and instruct you to create a zip file of the SY-Tape-Dump folder and send it via your preferred file transfer service (e.g. WeTransfer) and notify us at:
- When we have the drive dump, we'll analyse it and get back to you with our findings.
If you have any questions please submit a [support ticket]