Please makse sure that you have installed the correct ATTO driver from the [Symply Support] site for the SymplyLTO product you have purchased.
Windows Server 2008 R2, Server 2016 and 2019 require installation of an additional IBM driver. Find out more in our [PRO LTO - Installation Guide (Windows)] article.
Check you are using a certified Thunderbolt™ 3 connection to your Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped SymplyLTO product, more details can be found in this article: [Do SymplyLTO products connect over USB-C?].
Follow these instructions to use IBM's Spectrum Archive Single Drive Edition (SDE) software to map your SymplyLTO drive in Explorer.
Install IBM SDE
Download the correct version of IBM SDE (LTFS) for your OS - [PRO LTO - Download drivers] and follow the on-screen prompts to install the software.
Assigning a drive letter to a tape drive
Type 'LTFS Configuration' in the Start menu and click it to open
The Configuration panel displays the following information:
- Drive Letter: Assigned or unassigned
- The Drive Letter drop-down contains the following three possible scenarios.
- Unassigned (blank).
- Assigned (with SCSI device address).
- Unchangeable (reserved by the system).
- Tape Drive: Details of port, bus number, target ID, logical unit number, and drive serial number (a 10-digit value).
LTO commands available in Windows Explorer
Right-clicking on the drive letter in Explorer offers access to the following LTO commands:
If you have any questions please submit a [support ticket]